Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1st: Snickerdoodle Sunday

And so it begins!!

With my schoolwork officially finished for the summer, and a little extra free time on my hands, I started right in on the stack of printed recipes I have waiting for me to try out...

Today's concoction: Snickerdoodles!

I found the recipe here, and followed it exactly! Though my cookies did not turn out quite as uniform and pretty as the original site, they are DELICIOUS! They taste just like my Grandma Melba used to make them! (Hers were always pretty and uniform too, though....must be a secret I have yet to master!)


Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups sugar
2 ½ cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar

Cream the butter and the sugar.  Mix in the rest of the ingredients and roll the cookie dough into balls.  Roll the balls in the following sugar mixture:
4 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Place the rolled balls on a greased baking sheet.  Leave as balls; they will flatten as they bake.  Bake the cookies at 325-350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.  The bottoms should be golden.  They will set a little as they cool.

My batch made 2 dozen rather large cookies...I could have probably gotten another dozen or so of a more "regular" sized cookie, but what fun is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment