I finally found pumpkin at a store! And had some bananas sitting on the counter alongside my cans of pumpkin...sooo....pumpkin-banana bread!
I found this recipe online and followed it exactly. Lane took some of the bread to work and left it in the breakroom. Before the first break of the day (only a couple hours) he said the bread was completely gone! All that was left was a few crumbs...so I guess everyone thought it was delicious!! Try some, you can't help but FALL in love with it!! ;-)
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pie spice and cinnamon, stir into the banana mixture until just combined. Fold in the raisins and walnuts if desired. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
And a family update...
Andrew is now a month old! I can't believe it!! He's getting bigger all the time, and is wonderfully healthy. :-)
Ethan is still loving his role as big brother! Despite a few "two year old" traits that he seems to have picked up recently, he's still a great kid :-)
Lane is still loving his job at Current, and is doing a great job of upselling! He keeps getting prizes from the prize table! ;-)
I'm doing well, recovering, trying not to obsess over cleaning my house all the time, and starting a new job with Mary Kay! I'm super excited!
Keep a lookout for many more recipes from me soon! I'm planning on doing lots of cookie baking and stuff for the holidays!! (Anyone up for some Christmas cookies??)