Sunday, May 8, 2011

Green Beans for my mother

Happy Mother's Day!

Since I'm a mother myself, I decided to make something today that I know how to make already, and that doesn't take much time to do! Since my mom loves green beans, I went with a Southern Fried Green Beans recipe that I've made for a couple of years for Thanksgiving...everyone loves it!

I don't have any pictures right now because I haven't actually made it yet this morning...I'll be making it this afternoon for the BBQ :-)

The recipe is here, and I don't change a thing! Though I'm not a fan of green beans (and haven't ever tasted this recipe myself ;-)), it only ever gets good reviews from my family!

Ingredients

  • 5 slices bacon, diced
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Place the bacon in a skillet; cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp. Mix the sugar and green beans into the bacon. Cook over medium-high heat until green beans become become soft and limp and start to caramelize. 
 
Enjoy! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! <3 

1 comment: