Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Super Easy (and delicious!) Marinade

First, I'm sorry that I didn't post this yesterday...some of you might have wanted to try it for dinner...because it's awesome. :-D

Second, I have only used this marinade on chicken, but I'll bet it would be good on steak/pork chops/etc. too...

Third: it's so easy...just try it...I made it up myself, so it can't be that hard right??

Orange Garlic Soy Marinade
Ingredients
Orange Juice
Soy Sauce
Garlic Powder
Chicken Breasts

Directions
1. Pour the orange juice into a tupperware or bowl big enough to hold your chicken (with a lid, for shaking!), you need enough orange juice to fill the bowl about 1/3-1/2 of the way full (the amount of chicken you are making will determine the amount of juice you need).
2. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce to the orange juice and stir. Add garlic powder to taste. (I say to taste because the garlic is a strong ingredient, and some people don't like super garlic-y foods. I used about a teaspoon at this step.)
3. Add your chicken to the juice mixture. Pour 1/2 cup of orange juice and another tablespoon of soy sauce over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle with garlic powder (if you want more, 1/2 a teaspoon here for me, but this part is optional.)
4. Cover with the lid (it needs to be a locking lid so that the juice won't fly everywhere) and shake the bowl to combine all ingredients and cover chicken on all sides.
5. Let the chicken sit and marinade until time to cook. The longer the better! (Depending on how soon you are cooking, how much chicken you have and whether or not your chicken was frozen to begin with, you can either let the chicken defrost/marinade on the counter or in the refrigerator.)

We BBQ this chicken (which is awesome), but I think I might try to bake it in the oven sometime too...I think it would be really good baked! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment