Thursday, April 28, 2011

The beginning of the food parade...

I thought I would start things off with a bang...even though my summer doesn't officially start for a couple of days yet...(I'm finishing my last projects today, so hopefully I'll be on summer break by this evening!) So, for my first new recipe, I tried Parmesan Knots as a side to some macaroni and cheese (with strawberry lemonade!).

I found the original recipe here. The only difference with my batch was that I used homemade bread dough rather than the store-bought biscuits that the recipe calls for. It is actually a dough recipe made for a no-yeast pizza crust, but it works great for bread too! It is so easy and inexpensive that I will probably use it for most of the bread recipes I try! ((You can find the recipe here.))

I'm sorry that there are no pictures to go along with my recipe, but the original site has pictures that look just like the ones I made (for once my recipe turned out just like the original! This is a good sign!!)

Easy Parmesan Knots (my revision)
  • 1 batch no-yeast dough (see above for recipe)
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  1. Roll each biscuit into a 12-in. rope* and tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (*I tried to get the ropes all the same length, to make uniform knots, but the exact length isn't really important.)
  2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; brush the warm knots with the mixture.

    Yield:
    10 knots.

    ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment