Friday, May 6, 2011

Burger Buns...from scratch!

I love hamburgers. I have for like...ever. So the idea of making delicious, warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven buns for them myself is like "icing on the cake"...or "buns on a burger" rather ;-)


And it was so simple! And my house smells delicious, and I can't wait to have burgers for dinner tomorrow night! (Yes, tomorrow...my parents invited us over for pizza tonight, so these delicious little buns will have to wait!)

I got the recipe here, and made no changes! It was SO perfect! (Even for me, a cook who is afraid of using yeast because I just know something is not going to work out right!!)

Ingredients:


[[ooops, did make a small change, I didn't use the optional onion stuff...I don't care for the flavor, and wanted to be able to use these buns for sandwiches too, so I left them plain]]

Before rising (just after mixing)
Directions:
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix and knead them together, by hand or by mixer, until you have a soft, smooth dough.
2. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
After rising for an hour...yay!
 3. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape each piece into a flattened ball; place the buns on greased baking sheets, cover and let rise 30-40 minutes, until they're puffy.
Before rising...
...and after!
4. Preheat oven to 375°.
5. Bake the buns for 12-15 minutes, until they're golden brown; remove from oven and baking sheet and cool them on a rack. 
I split them into two pans to bake, but I think they would have been okay on one.
6. Split and use for burgers or sandwiches.
Delicious, buttery, warm, bready goodness!
 They turned out AWESOME, are lightly buttery, and ever so delicious! These could *easily* be made with garlic, or cinnamon/sugar, or other spices to make "rolls" for breakfast or as a side to any other dish. They are really that good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment