Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ravioli...revisted...

Though the ravioli itself didn't turn out so great, I had lots of the (delicious looking) filling left over in my fridge just calling for me to do something with it...

...so I did ;-)


It's a simple recipe that I pulled together using my knowledge of a few other recipes...

Ricotta Shells
Ingredients:
Large shell pasta
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Shredded cheddar cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
Ricotta filling mixture (1 cup ricotta cheese, 1 cup grated Parmesan, 1 tblspn Italian seasoning, 1 egg yolk: mix well)
Sauce (white or red, your choice!)



Directions:
  1.  Preheat oven to 375*.
  2. Cook shell pasta according to package directions. Drain the shells and rinse in cold water. (to be able to work with them faster...they're too hot to handle right out of the pan!)
  3. Prepare baking pan (I used two 8" round pans because I used both red and white sauce, and didn't want them to mix!) by putting a little sauce in the bottom of the pan.
  4. Stuff the shells with the ricotta mix, being sure to distribute it evenly among them. Place in the prepared pan.
  5. Cover the shells with a layer of sauce, then top with both types of shredded cheese and the grated Parmesan.
  6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!

Very tasty! They were warm and yummy...just like lasagna without the meat :-) And there we have it...real food ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment