So, to celebrate my fairly good eating habits........I made brownies. :-P And not just ANY brownies...these are TWIX Brownies.
Now, next week I'm starting my careful eating and fruits/veggies (if I can find any I like) for snacks to keep the weight gain to baby necessary weight only, but for the rest of this weekend, I'm allowing myself to eat some brownies...and now you have to go make them so you can too ;-)
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup canola oil
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips (the original calls for semi-sweet, but I used milk chocolate)
3 Twix candy bars, chopped (by 3, it means 3 of the small packages, or 6 individual bars, see the picture in the original recipe if you're confused.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350*.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and Twix pieces.
5. Spread in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish (I sprayed mine with cooking spray first, though the original doesn't call for it) and bake for 40-45 minutes. (Keep an eye on them, for me at higher altitude, it only took about 30 minutes to get completely cooked) Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
|and the finished product...even more yum!!|