Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pomegranate PorkChops

I have to apologize. Again. Because once again I have failed to keep up with the blog.

BUT! Never fear! I am back and ready to cook! This time, it's going to be cooking, rather than baking because I have been informed (by my doctor ;-)) that I need to be careful of eating too many sweets throughout the rest of my pregnancy...yay for "baby" weight ;-)

SO! I have started following the Special K Challenge (not to lose weight, but to maintain a healthy weight while working off some extra fat!), which includes a healthy dinner straight from their set of recipes (I was actually able to find 7 recipes that I like! So I have a whole week ready to go!)

I started this eating plan today, and so far I'm doing well with it! Lots of fruit and healthy meals throughout the day without wanting chocolate too much!!

The first healthy dinner is a Pork Chop with Pomegranate Glaze.
Ethan saw this picture and said "Oh yes, we eat those and it's delicious!"
This was such an easy recipe and cooked in a really short time! PLEASE NOTE: The recipe is made for ONE person (one serving). So make sure you multiply all the ingredients by how many people you will be feeding!!

Ingredients
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 boneless pork loin chop, cut about 1 inch thick (5 oz)
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons sliced green onions
 Directions
1. In a small bowl, stir together salt, cinnamon and pepper. Rub on both sides of the pork chop.







2. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork chop over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and nearly done, turning once. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to boiling. Boil, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to half.
Return pork chop to skillet. Cook, uncovered, about 1 minute more until sauce thickens slightly and pork chop is done. Transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle with onions.




See? So easy! And (as Ethan said) very delicious! I followed the serving suggestion for the meal, and enjoyed 1/2 cup of vanilla frozen yogurt with 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries. Yum!!

It feels good to be back and cooking...good food is fun! Keep an eye out for the rest of the yummy dinners this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment