Friday, June 3, 2011

Cookies in a Snap (Cake Mix Cookies)

So tonight is pizza/games night...and since pizza is pretty basic (and I'm not going to make anything from scratch this time around - I cheated and bought store bought pizza dough), I decided to throw together an easy dessert...I always feel like I have to make a dessert when Emily comes over...she always makes such delicious stuff you know!

But, since I was out of butter (how did that happen!??!), I needed a recipe that didn't call for butter (duh). I have made this recipe a few times already, with great results every time! But I haven't shared it with you all yet :-)

This is the BEST cookie recipe for short term notice guests or a need for a dessert in just a few minutes. I found it here, and it's a life saver!

Cake Mix Cookies
Ingredients
Cake mix (any flavor, I used "Butter Recipe Yellow")
1/3-1/2 cup oil (I always use 1/2 cup, haven't tried the 1/3)
2 eggs

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (the batch makes 20 cookies, so I use 2 baking sheets, one after the other)
2. Mix all ingredients together. Spoon the dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes.

(I keep a close eye on my cookies. As soon as the edges turn light brown, remove them from the oven and let them sit for a minute. Usually takes about 10 minutes of baking for me). Let cookies cool on a wire rack, or eat them all right away :-)

Can't wait for after dinner now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment