Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chocolate Cake...on a whim!

While watching an episode of Star Trek TNG, I started craving cake...because they were eating cake...so I found a quick recipe online and made up a delicious chocolate cake.

DELICIOUS. Chocolate. Cake.

You can't go wrong ;-)

This recipe has several variations, and I'm sure they are all as amazing as this one! Try them out and let me know!!

Ingredients:
2 1/3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening (I used oil, per a suggestion in one of the comments on the original recipe. It worked GREAT!)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup baking cocoa powder

1. Sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Mix in the oil (or shortening) until fine crumbs are formed.
3. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. (the original recipe calls for a mixer, but I did all my mixing by hand with a whisk.)
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. (I didn't flour mine, just made sure to use a lot of cooking spray) Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Let it cool, frost and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment