Sunday, June 19, 2011

Breaded Ranch Cheesy Bacon Chicken

There are no pictures to go along with this post...and I feel badly that it has taken me so long to post again...I've been trying to find good food to make without focusing on sweets (which is all this preggo mama wants!!)

But I have a recipe at last! Tonight for dinner Lane requested chicken, and I didn't want to do something boring (or that took a long time to make, since it was already starting to get late)...so I came up with this...yes, all on my own!

Ingredients
Chicken breasts
Ranch dressing
Breadcrumbs
Sliced bacon
Shredded cheese

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350* and lightly grease  a baking pan.
2. Coat the chicken in the ranch dressing, then in bread crumbs. Place in the baking pan.
3. Microwave the bacon until nearly cooked completely. Lay the slices over the chicken breasts.
4. Top the chicken and bacon with the shredded cheese. Cover with tin foil.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is baked through. (I removed the tin foil about halfway through to check on the chicken and allow the cheese/bacon to get a little more crispy.)
6. Serve with french bread and applesauce! (that's what we did at least...and it was awesome!!)

I'm hoping to get back into cooking/baking this week...we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment